Is that house you’re selling haunted? Colin Krieger, a realtor from Columbus, Mississippi, remembers a sale a few years back that made national news – and won the Nutcracker Award in his office with flying colors. Not only did ghost hunters come and verify that the house was haunted, but the buyer was certainly a ghost from the past, too! Listen in to find out who the buyer was and why, sometimes, it’s good to out-crazy crazy.
Please subscribe to this podcast in iTunes or in the Podcasts App on your phone. Never miss a beat from Leigh by visiting The Leigh Brown Experience.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:00 – Introducing Colin; a realtor from Columbus, Mississippi with a past in corporate marketing and investment property
- 02:30 – Colin’s CSIRE story
- 03:00 – It started with a 120-year-old house in the middle of nowhere in Mississippi and ended up on the national news
- 04:00 – There was a challenging neighbor who said she owned the block; they came back to the house and the locks had been changed
- 05:35 – The lady told them to get off her property; seven of her dogs had been living in the property for years
- 06:30 – The police came and the broker’s sign was stolen; Julia from his office was a church secretary for 30 years
- 08:30 – Someone bought the house and said the upstairs bedroom was haunted; someone came over and did a podcast on the haunted room
- 09:40 – Julia went to the house and the ghost hunters called a regional TV station to document; they said there was a non-believer in the room and it was her
- 10:30 – Word got out about the house and someone recognized the buyer; he had changed his name and was trying to get out of the limelight
- 12:30 – He was John Mark Karr, the guy extradited for the murder of Jonbenet Ramsey; it was Julia’s second sale and publicity had already spread that it was haunted
- 14:45 – He was never charged and there was no way to know it was him
- 17:10 – The lady with the dogs backed off once she heard it was haunted
- 17:40 – How to contact Colin and Julia: his website, phone number (662)329-SOLD
3 Key Points
- Don’t assume you own a whole block if you didn’t pay for it!
- You never know who your out-of-town buyer could be!
- Sometimes you can out-crazy crazy.