To pant-suit or not to pant-suit, that is the question! BethAnn from Spokane, a REALTOR® of 17 years and Spokane native, has a fishy story to tell that involves tuna, a cat in love and – you guessed it – a pant suit. She’s also got another story for the books involving a giant teddy bear and humpy dogs. Can’t stand the mystery? Listen in to hear BethAnn’s crazy stories and learn why she got rid of the pant suit for good.
Please subscribe to this podcast in iTunes or in the Podcasts App on your phone. Never miss a beat from Leigh by visiting leighbrown.com.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:00 – Introducing BethAnn
- 01:15 – She’s a Spokane native and has sold real estate for 17 years; her father owned a brokerage in the 70s and 80s
- 01:30 – She has two sets of twins and five kids total; it was good training for multi-tasking
- 02:40 – BethAnn’s CSIRE story
- 02:50 – A month or so ago she went to list a house and did a walk-through; she explained what they needed to declutter for photos
- 03:30 – They went to the patio and there was a huge larger-than-a-human teddy bear sitting in a lawn chair
- 03:40 – Two weeks later, she arrives at the house with her photographer; the bear is still on the patio
- 04:30 – She asked the seller about the bear and the seller got quiet; she said they can’t move it because they need it there for their dogs to hump
- 05:00 – She was concerned her dogs would be distressed without their humping bear
- 05:30 – She left the bear in the pictures for fun; the house sold and is under contract
- 08:00 – What BethAnn has to say about safety
- 08:45 – Open houses are a huge safety risk for agents
- 09:00 – She had an open house in her own neighborhood and a gentleman came in who made her feel unsafe
- 09:20 – She’s a huge advocate for safety; she recommends a lender sit with ladies at open houses
- 10:00 – BethAnn’s cat story
- 10:13 – After a year in the business, she got a nice grey suit; she did one of her first open houses and the woman said, “If you let the cat out, you’re fired”
- 10:25 – She showed a sign on the laundry room door that said not to open it; people were coming in droves to the house
- 11:00 – She was talking to people in the living room and she sees the cat in the front yard; she tried to get the cat and it goes into a bush
- 11:35 – She jumped into the bush with her suit but missed the cat, so she got a can of tuna from inside and came back out to get the cat
- 12:30 – Everyone was watching her through the windows; she called a neighbor with two boys to try and catch the cat
- 13:00 – She told the home viewers that she had to get the cat and they asked, “Well, what about that cat?”
- 13:05 – The owners cat was sitting inside looking out the window at the one outside
3 Key Points
- Be safe when conducting open houses!
- If your dog gets distressed, get a giant humping teddy bear!
- Pant suits may or may not be a good idea when chasing a cat.