Do you – or your clients – need credit restoration? Luisa Deason, the owner and operator of Deason Consulting Services, helps people restore their credit so they can move forward, especially when it comes to buying a home. Luisa’s team of lawyers work hard to leverage the Fair Credit Reporting Act on behalf of their clients to eliminate wrong or negative reports – and they do it affordably. Listen in to find out how and learn her top tips for building and maintaining good credit starting today.
Please subscribe to this podcast in iTunes or in the Podcasts App on your phone. Never miss a beat from Leigh by visiting leighbrown.com.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:00 – Introducing Luisa from Houston, TX
- 01:20 – She’s a sponsor on the Real Estate Radio Rat-Pack show in Houston; Leigh was a guest on their show
- 01:35 – She owns and operates Deason Consulting Services, a company that specializes in credit restoration
- 01:45 – They help real estate agents and loan officer clients help their clients repair their credit and get into the home they want
- 04:00 – The backstory behind bad credit
- 04:15 – Oftentimes a life-changing event damages your credit, whether it be divorce, a medical issue, or job loss
- 04:25 – Luisa first assesses why a client’s credit is bad and what their scores are through Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion
- 05:00 – The credit report companies work independently from one another
- 05:45 – Sometimes, people from other countries don’t understand how credit works
- 06:15 – How to build credit from the beginning
- 06:30 – Get at least two small credit cards; you need revolving debt from Visa or Mastercard
- 07:33 – Luisa’s company offers a card to help people build their credit
- 08:30 – The things that improve and damage your score
- 08:36 – It’s imperative that you pay your bills on time
- 08:55 – They look at risk factors and if a person has 30% of their credit used
- 10:11 – Don’t carry a high debt to income ratio, especially if you’re trying to buy a house
- 11:40 – Interest rates will drown you if you can only pay minimum amounts
- 12:05 – How to get good credit with Deason Consulting Services
- 12:15 - Loan officers look at a 12-month history of positive payments
- 12:20 – Luisa’s company has a program called “Credit my Rent” that boosts your credit score
- 12:45 – They do credit restoration which is a legal fight using the leverage of the Fair Credit Reporting Act of 1971 to fight bureaus that are wrong or negative
- 13:10 – Their lawyers are out of a non-profit organization; It’s $188 for the first month and $89/month thereafter with no contract
- 14:00 – Their attorneys are licensed to work in all 50 states
3 Key Points
- It’s good to have a trustworthy credit restoration company in your corner.
- Pay your bills on time!
- You – and your clients – can have good credit!