“You can’t unsee what you’ve seen…” Well, ain’t that the truth! Shadd Boucher, a REALTOR® and coach, shares the things he’s seen in real estate that have changed the way he views the world forever. He shares the unconventional ways his clients have selected their home and what he has learned through their processes. Listen in to learn how some people detect evil spirits and keep them away - and learn a few tricks for protecting your home, too!
Please subscribe to this podcast in iTunes or in the Podcasts App on your phone, and never miss a beat from Leigh by visiting leighbrown.com. If you’re tired of doing real estate alone, enroll in Leigh Brown University and be sure to use your special “CSIRE” discount code at checkout for $10 off your subscription.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:45 – Introducing Shadd, a REALTOR in Lutz, FL who has been in the business for 20 years; he was U.S. Manager of the Year for RE/MAX in 2018
- 02:15 - He’s also a coach; he loves it and enjoys watching others succeed
- 02:50 - The history of Shadd’s name
- 04:00 – How he started in real estate
- 04:20 - He was in retail and a man came in and said he needed to be in real estate; he ended up working for the man, modernizing his office, and marrying his daughter
- 05:00 - He went into management, got into luxury real estate, worked a corporate job for a while, and eventually teamed up with a great broker/owner
- 07:30 - The corporate job was with Gryphon doing “Do Not Call Compliance”
- 09:40 – Shadd’s CSIRE story
- 10:00 - It has to do with superstitions of different cultures
- 11:00 - He had a client who was a “dowser” and could pinpoint where underground water and lines were located
- 11:50 - The water follows energy channels in the earth and this man had dowsing rods; he bought his house according to the reading of the rods
- 13:15 - He helped other people buy homes with water sources
- 14:20 - Another CSIRE story
- 14:26 - He helped a young couple get a house but their grandma had to pick it; she wanted a glass of water in the master bedroom to see if there were evil spirits
- 16:10 - People are serious about the demon-removing thing; listen to people, understand, and try to educate yourself
- 18:30 - On what he learned
- 18:45 - Somehow some people can sense death in the house
- 19:35 - Sometimes older agents can get hung up on thinking they know everything
- 20:13 - You can’t unsee what you’ve seen; he now has a glass of water by his bed
3 Key Points
- Be understanding and don’t be rude!
- Educate yourself about other people’s cultures.
- You can’t unsee what you’ve seen!