Are you deploying a “Blockbuster strategy in a Netflix reality? Tristen Sutton, a Facebook ads expert, knows the ins-and-outs of how to attract and convert your ideal clients. He knows exactly what’s working right now and shares some of the biggest mistakes REALTORS® make when it comes to social media marketing. Listen in to hear Tristen’s tip for connecting with people online during a time filled with negativity and fear - and learn how to make your next virtual open house a smashing success.
Please subscribe to this podcast in iTunes or in the Podcasts App on your phone, and never miss a beat from Leigh by visiting leighbrown.com. If you’re tired of doing real estate alone, enroll in Leigh Brown University and be sure to use your special “CSIRE” discount code at checkout for $10 off your subscription.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:00 – Introducing Tristen, a certified Facebook ads expert who teaches REALTORS® how to use Facebook ads to attract and convert their target market
- 01:20 - He works with the Houston Association of Realtors to help agents reach their community
- 02:45 – On leveraging social media during the pandemic
- 03:05 - Social media is going to be your best friend right now; embrace it, so stop having a “Blockbuster strategy and a Netflix reality”
- 04:10 - Your reach is minimal with regular posts; you need to invest in Facebook ads, use video, and provide value
- 05:23 - Do video, Facebook Lives, and live tours for open houses; the best practice is to do a pre-recorded video and upload it natively on your FB page
- 06:40 - Then, you can repurpose that video across other channels and maximize your content
- 07:25 – What kind of videos are working well right now
- 07:30 - People are favoring videos that are about 3 minutes in length on your business page; call out and identify your market and do something different
- 08:05 - Invest in a little tripod and a mic; make sure the lighting quality is good, too
- 09:05 – Tristan’s CSIRE experience
- 09:20 - He sees a lot of agents deploying the “posting and hoping” strategy; it doesn’t work anymore
- 10:30 – What’s safe for REALTORS® during Fair Housing Month who want to target a certain market
- 10:35 - You can’t target based on gender, income, or zip code; you can’t violate because Facebook simply won’t let you
- 11:08 - You can target by address, city with a 15-mile radius, and age; Tristen teaches the valuable skill of retargeting those who click and are interested
- 12:15 - If you don’t serve first-time homebuyers, have a connection with someone in your area who does
- 13:45 - He’s seeing people getting disgruntled and negative online; stay positive, make people laugh, and make people feel good
- 14:37 - To get in contact with Tristen: text “freeguide” to 31996; it’ll lead you to a link to download a free workbook to make your own Facebook ads and put you on his email list
3 Key Points
1.) Video is queen right now on Facebook - so use it!
2.) Don’t just “post and hope”.
3.) Stay positive in all your messaging. People need a laugh and a smile right now.