Not all Crazy Shit in Real Estate stories have to be bad-crazy! We’ve got some good-crazy ones, too! Dawn Kayano, a realtor in Honolulu, warms our hearts with a real estate story full of generosity, surprises, and the true meaning of “ohana.” It’s refreshing to hear a story about good people in the world coming together. Dawn tells about how a heartfelt story, an ambitious young woman, a killer cover letter, and a passionate realtor made magic happen. Tune in to hear what Dawn’s client did to buy her father a home he could finally call his own.
Please subscribe to this podcast in iTunes or in the Podcasts App on your phone. Never miss a beat from Leigh by visiting The Leigh Brown Experience.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:45 – Dawn’s Background
- 1:00 – She’s lived in Honolulu for 8 years and is an Oahu native, which helps in real estate
- 02:22 – Dawn’s CSIRE Story
- 02:30 – She’s been pushing her Facebook and Instagram more and a friend reached out that she met 10 years ago through a friend
- 03:10 – She asked if Dawn would be interested in helping her find a property for her father who never owned property
- 03:42 – He lived in a rented studio and they were going to sell it so he wasn’t going to have a home
- 04:02 – The friend wanted to use the equity in her studio to pay the down payment for her father’s studio as a surprise
- 04:20 – She was in her early 30s and Dawn was touched that she would do this for her father
- 05:00 – They found a ground floor unit with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms close to her father’s job
- 05:30 – They submitted an offer and she wrote an amazing cover story; they had received a cash offer as well, so she felt weary going up against that
- 06:20 – The seller ended up going with her because she loved the story and wanted to support
- 07:00 – They brought her father into the unit and had him read the letter she had written; he started tearing up and couldn’t believe it
- 08:20 – He was so grateful and it was a special moment
- 09:00 – Props to the seller and the seller’s agent for believing in the story; it feels good to be a part of special stories like this of making a house a home; this is the good CSIRE
- 10:00 – Real estate can be about stories and family and making a home
- 11:45 – How to reach Dawn
3 Key Points
- Using social media is important so you can connect with prospective clients.
- A great and heartfelt cover letter can make a difference.
- Being in real estate is so rewarding, especially when you get to be a part of special moments like these!