Have you ever driven your clients around in reverse?—Peter Brewer has. In fact, he’s driven his clients around an entire island in reverse when the gearshift in his car stopped working. Hear Peter talk about that wild story and more during this week’s episode of Crazy Shit in Real Estate™.
Please subscribe to this podcast in iTunes or in the Podcasts App on your phone. Never miss a beat from Leigh by visiting The Leigh Brown Experience.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Introducing Peter
- 01:12 – Peter is based in Brisbane, Australia has been in real estate for 35 years
- 01:21 – Started out as a regular salesman…now he’s an industry leader
- 02:12 – Real estate is all about perseverance
- 02:22 – Peter’s story happened Bay Islands in 1980’s
- 02:56 – This is when it was about doing stuff the hard way
- 03:00 – Mostly uninhabited
- 03:15 – Selling between $7K and $8K
- 03:53 – Dumpy old cars on each island
- 04:35 – Not only won’t the car start, but it won’t go into drive
- 05:09 – Car was stuck in reverse, so Peter drove them around the island in reverse
- 05:39 – The moral of the story—Peter sold a piece of property!
- 05:58 – The days of the single page contract are missed!
- 06:47 – Today’s realtors struggle to remember the days before fax machines, emails, cell phones, etc.
- 07:27 – We can all make excuses, but we can’t all execute on expectations
- 07:54 – You’re paid to drive results
- 08:07 – The real estate industry is about driving results for the customer, never forget it
- 08:27 – Australia doesn’t have buying agents
- 08:40 – In Australia, the seller pays the commission—there’s only one agent, so buy beware
- 09:47 – Do you need a buying agent?
- 09:58 – It depends on the resources available
- 10:14 – What a buyer agent would cost in Australia
- 10:31 – 1.5% or 2% of the value of the property
- 11:05 – Most consumers have no idea what they’re doing when it comes to real estate—there’s a difference between having access to information and knowing what to do with it
- 12:39 – How to reach Peter Brewer
- 12:48 – ThatPeterBrewer.com
- 14:00 – Are you a listener with a crazy story to share? Ping Leigh at www.noflufftraining.com
- You’re in the business to make execute the deal—no excuses.
- Understand that the real estate business is not universal—different countries have radically different processes.
- Buying agents aren’t always necessary.