Did you know that it’s impossible to feel anxiety and gratitude at the same time? Amy Broghamer, author and realtor, does which is why she gifted doughnuts to her local firefighters after a bitter sale. Amy tells us the dirty details of the sale and what she did to turn her day around afterwards. Little did she know she’d be seeing those firefighters again so soon – at her own home! Get ready to hear another crazy story, and see why practicing gratitude pays off, sometimes instantly!
Please subscribe to this podcast in iTunes or in the Podcasts App on your phone. Never miss a beat from Leigh by visiting The Leigh Brown Experience.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:30 – Amy’s background; she’s been in the industry for 13 years and sells about 40 to 50 homes a year
- 02:00 – She works in Cincinnati and nearby Kentucky; she wrote a book called “The Playbook for Success”
- 02:45 – Amy’s CSIRE story
- 03:00 – She was about to close on a property and the buyer’s agent called her to ask if she’s been to the house recently
- 03:30 – Pictures showed garbage all over the front yard and the buyers were mortified at the final walk-through
- 04:30 – The sellers had no concern about the trash, they didn’t realize what had been done while they weren’t there and that the buyers weren’t happy
- 05:40 – Her clients were upset that the buyers couldn’t see past the trash, although a lot of the trash wouldn’t be picked up because it was all over the yard
- 06:20 – She asked the sellers put themselves in the buyer’s shoes; she recommended they hire a person to help haul away the trash
- 07:15 – She brought donuts to the closing to alleviate the stress and tension, her clients were upset at her and rejected the donuts
- 08:30 – She considered eating all the donuts but took them to the Fire Department to show her gratitude instead
- 10:30 – Her husband called her about an hour later to tell her their house had caught on fire; it was a mulch fire fueled by the landscaping lighting
- 12:00 – She pulled into her driveway and saw the two firefighters she had given the donuts to an hour earlier
- 16:15 – How to contact Amy: Find her on Facebook or on her website
3 Key Points
- You can’t experience anxiety and gratitude at the same time, so you must replace anxiety with gratitude!
- Watch out for mulch fires and hazardous landscape lighting!
- Be grateful for your local fire department!
- Get free copy of Amy’s book here.
- Get the best doughnuts here.
- See the town’s best firefighters here.