Would you tap into your network to scrounge up $1.2M in 48 hours for a client looking to convert on a short sale? That’s what this week’s guest Tim Hur did! Listen as Tim explains how he was able to orchestrate the miraculous deal all the way to close.
Please subscribe to this podcast in iTunes or in the Podcasts App on your phone. Never miss a beat from Leigh by visiting The Leigh Brown Experience.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:43 – Introducing Tim Hur
- 01:33 – Tim is a licensed realtor
- 01:52 – Tim’s crazy story
- 02:07 – Tim had an independent firm working with international clients and celebrities
- 02:31 – Tim won a bid where his client was paying cold hard cash
- 02:47 – Everything that could go wrong did
- 02:53 – 72 hours before closing, client informs Tim he needs another week for the money
- 03:29 – Tim was frantic and the seller was upset
- 03:51 – Through networking Tim was able to get $1.2M in 48 hours
- 04:33 – Tim went to the attorney’s office and closed the deal
- 05:02 – Seller stayed for a few extra days
- 05:34 – Tim’s client was amazed at Tim’s efforts
- 05:39 – The interest for the $1.2M was $200K
- 06:05 – Tim got a call from the attorney saying the lender rejected the short sale
- 06:33 – Then there was a title policy issue
- 06:37 – The seller found out about the title issue and refused to leave the house
- 06:54 – Tim, his client, and the seller’s attorneys had to get involved
- 07:05 – In two weeks, the lender gave up
- 08:26 – The fun part? The client doesn’t speak English!
- 08:36 – On the 30th day of the 30 day note, Tim’s client finally pays
- 09:23 – During the final walkthrough, Tim realized the seller took every single chandelier out
- 10:54 – Working with international clients can be a headache
- 12:05 – Remember to maintain good relationships with your network
- 13:50 – Relationships last far beyond deals
- 13:57 – Tim was able to get a few more sales from his client
- 14:30 – Reach Tim on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- 17:07 – Are you a listener with a crazy story to share? Ping Leigh at www.noflufftraining.com
- Networking, in any industry, is key.
- Remember to keep good ties with your network—they can save you someday, somehow.
- There will be times that going the extra mile isn’t enough—you need to go the extra 100 miles.