In this episode, Leigh interviews Drew Fristoe from Fredericksburg, Virginia. You can see the most unexpected things when you walk into a client’s home. What do you do when what you see is a cause for concern when it comes to listing a property? Listen as Drew shares his hilarious story on the Crazy Shit in Real Estate Podcast and how he stumbled upon a very awkward scenario.
Please subscribe to this podcast in iTunes or in the Podcasts App on your phone. Never miss a beat from Leigh by visiting The Leigh Brown Experience.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:33 – Today Leigh welcomes Drew Fristoe
- 00:43 – Drew is from Fredericksburg, Virginia
- 00:52 – Drew is with Coldwell Banker Elite
- 01:00 – One should visit Fredericksburg if they want to know more about the Civil War
- 02:12 – Drew worked with an older realtor
- 02:22 – They had a client who was also an older gentleman that wanted to list his house
- 02:30 – When Drew had the house viewing, the client was really sick
- 02:50 – Drew was told to just go around the house, so that’s what he and his partner did
- 03:00 – Drew’s partner asked him to go into the master’s bedroom and there was a mannequin
- 03:47 – Drew and his partner talked about the mannequin in the car
- 04:15 – Drew was wondering what they were going to do with showings
- 04:35 – The mannequin was gone when the house was listed
- 05:29 – It was a bit awkward for Drew to explain the mannequin to his older partner
- 06:18 – The house did sell
- 07:00 – Leigh mentions she can have a show like “Scandal”
- 07:50 – Find Drew on social media as Drew Fristoe and call him at 540-847-1212
- 08:30 – Consumers can also tweet Leigh Brownwith their own crazy story
- Be prepared and be professional—you can see the most unexpected things in a house viewing.
- Always be honest with your client about any concerns that come up.
- Real estate can be serious and hilarious, at the same time.