The last thing you’d expect during a house visit is to be greeted by a house owner in his birthday suit. But, since this is the case for today’s guest, Jason Pee, tune-in to find out just how he handled this unsavory predicament. In this episode, Leigh welcomes Jason Pee, a realtor in Charleston, South Carolina.
Please subscribe to this podcast in iTunes or in the Podcasts App on your phone. Never miss a beat from Leigh by visiting The Leigh Brown Experience.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:21 – Introduction for today’s episode
- 00:35 – Leigh introduces Jason
- 00:57 – Jason is from Charleston
- 01:12 – Leigh shares the first time she met Jason
- 03:05 – Tax sales can be risky, but if you’re a long-termer, it shouldn’t be that bad
- 03:20 – Most people are after the interest
- 04:02 – Jason and Leigh both love the article about the couple who bought a street in San Francisco
- 04:24 – There was a property in Charleston that Jason was looking up for his client, but he had a hard time finding the owner
- 05:00 – Jason met the owner
- 06:30 – The 85-year old owner greeted Jason at his front door naked
- 09:00 – Jason felt uncomfortable and told his client what was happening over the phone
- 09:20 – Jason told the owner that he’d just leave the offer, so he can think about it
- 10:01 – Jason got a call from the owner two days later
- 10:20 – The owner told Jason that he appreciated the fact that Jason did not tell him to put on clothes because he hates clothes
- 10:30 – The owner told Jason that he’s open to the deal
- 11:00 – Jason shares some other weird experiences during a house visit
- 12:10 – Assumptions made about realtors
- 12:36 – Jason always tries to educate his neighborhood
- 13:12 – Jason lost everything he had during the market crash
- 13:31 – Jason now tries to give back to people by helping them
- 14:14 – Get opinions before offering your place to people who buy property
- 14:37 – The flip sales explained
- 15:42 – Ask your community who you should talk to if you need help with your property
- 16:20 – Realtors want to protect affordable housing too
- 16:39 – Jason knows just who to work with
- 17:06 – Jason shares about a deal that one of his colleagues had
- 18:53 – Jason wants investors to have fair play in the
- 20:50 – Reach Jason at www.charlestonglobalpropertyshop.com or at 68 Line Street, Charleston, SC
- 21:18 – Jason is getting his new office on King St.
- 21:35 – Call or text Jason at 843-532-0128 If you have questions—even if it’s just about Charleston
- 23:10 – Tweet Leigh Brown for your very own crazy story in real estate
3 Key Points
- Stay professional regardless of the circumstance—don’t tell people what they should or should not do.
- When selling your property, seek opinions from those who are well-versed in the industry, don’t fall prey to flip sales.
- Invest in a manner that’s fair.