A home tour with a side of teargas, anyone? Tracy Ellis, a REALTOR® of 20 years in Chesterfield, MO, tells a crazy story of when she and her clients had to run from a property with burning eyes and lungs. Listen in to hear what happened to Tracy and learn how radio and magazine have helped her up-level her marketing game.
Please subscribe to this podcast in iTunes or in the Podcasts App on your phone. Never miss a beat from Leigh by visiting leighbrown.com.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:00 – Introducing Tracy
- 01:20 – She’s a REALTOR® of 20 years in Chesterfield, MO, 30 miles from St. Louis
- 01:30 – Tract works with her husband and has a team; they host 6 weekly radio shows
- 01:35 – They now have a luxury real estate magazine that they distribute; they did $40 million this year and the average home price is $189,000
- 03:45 – On having the time to do the magazine and radio show
- 03:50 – Her husband is techy and she’s more about marketing; it’s all a team effort
- 04:15 – The radio is a great way to connect with community and provide value
- 05:20 – Marketing gets expensive; the magazine is a way to market more
- 06:05 – They pre-record the radio show
- 06:40 – Tracy’s CSIRE story
- 06:55 – She tells her clients that they help them get their property ready for market
- 07:30 – She and her husband pulled up to a house with plywood where windows had been broken
- 07:45 – They approach the house and Tracy’s nose and eyes are burning
- 08:00 – She and the clients run away from the house
- 08:15 – Turns out the house had been in the news; someone had barricaded themselves inside and there was a police shootout where teargas was used
- 08:30 – She was upset that it wasn’t disclosed that there was teargas used in the home; it needed to get mitigated even though the event happened two weeks prior
- 09:45 – On how she used to deal with messy situations
- 10:00 – Tracy used to have a trash bag for her clothes ready by the door when she had dirty or gross experiences; these experiences are the vast minority
- 12:00 – Now, Tracy discloses to agents anything they might need to know about a house and hopes for the same in return
- 12:15 – How to contact Tracy
3 Key Points
- The radio and a magazine are great marketing outlets!
- Find out the things that need to be disclosed about a property before you get there.
- Real estate has it all: The good, bad, ugly and stinky.