Do you ever find yourself thinking, “Wouldn’t it be cool if...” – just to shut your dreams right back off again? Erin Bradley, the founder of Pursuing Freedom, decided to keep her dreams top-of-mind and pursue her freedom. She hit rock-bottom and pulled herself right back up again by learning how to leverage passive income from real estate investing. She now has a podcast, blog, book, and online course to teach others how to do the same. Listen in to hear how Erin did it and learn what she does to get past life’s inevitable hurdles.
Please subscribe to this podcast in iTunes or in the Podcasts App on your phone. Never miss a beat from Leigh by visiting leighbrown.com.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:00 – Introducing Erin, the founder of Pursuing Freedom, and her journey
- 01:30 – They have a podcast, blog, book, and online courses to help people build a life they don’t need a vacation from
- 01:50 – She knew what she didn’t want from a job; she rode her bike to meet a client and her credit card got declined for a cup of coffee
- 03:40 – She asked her father how he did it and he said that she needed to do “whatever it takes”
- 04:20 – They ended up being able to use the passive income from real estate investing to live the life of their dreams
- 06:45 – Erin’s CSIRE story
- 07:00 – She didn’t find joy in the process of sales but pushed through; in 2011 she was gifted the book “The Go-Giver”
- 07:50 – She built a services directory and called family and friends for input and to remind them that she wanted to provide more value than just mortgage lending
- 08:50 – She built a “tribe” to better serve her “village” and vice versa
- 09:15 – She now teaches the strategy that was the foundation for her business’s success so that others can build a business that supports the life they want
- 11:00 – Getting past hurdles
- 11:05 – She read many books and focuses on what she’s grateful for to manifest more of it
- 13:00 – She practices active gratitude and strategic energy management
- 14:15 – One takeaway from Erin
- 14:30 – When you goal-set, write , “Wouldn’t it be cool if...”
- 15:00 – Allow your mind to daydream, then think about why you want it
- 15:40 – The path will unfold if you focus on it every day with gratefulness and intention
- 17:00 – Check out her podcast and book titled Pursuing Freedom
3 Key Points
- Keep learning and educating yourself.
- Gratitude is the key.
- Do the damn work!