Never underestimate the power of relationships. Casanova Brooks, a real estate agent, investor, speaker, and CEO, has learned this lesson firsthand — time and time again. Honesty, integrity, and true connection have always been Casanova’s MO, and it has paid off exponentially. Listen in to learn what real estate has done for Casanova’s life and how you, too, can find what makes you come alive.
Please subscribe to this podcast in iTunes or in the Podcasts App on your phone, and never miss a beat from Leigh by visiting leighbrown.com. If you’re tired of doing real estate alone, enroll in Leigh Brown University and be sure to use your special “CSIRE” discount code at checkout for $10 off your subscription.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 02:30 – Introducing Casanova, a relationship-builder in Omaha, Nebraska who was raised by two strong women
- 03:25 - He’s no stranger to adversity; he lost his mom, his job, and his home in two weeks
- 04:20 - He got his real estate license and did 46 deals in 9 months; he got Rookie of the Year in Omaha
- 06:30 – On how he made it
- 06:45 - He built relationships and leveraged social media; he got any knowledge he could
- 08:15 - Real estate is his “what’ and “how” but it’s not his “why”; the value is in the people
- 09:25 - Find what makes you come alive
- 10:20 – On investment properties
- 10:40 - He got into real estate investing by coming across a YouTube video where a man said to, “Be the lord of your land.”
- 12:45 - He got his license to help others buy and sell property, then he figured he could buy his own investment properties and design his own life
- 13:50 - He buys in Omaha but is open to investing in other areas
- 16:00 – Casanova’s CSIRE story
- 16:20 - Something crazy about Omaha is the sportsmanship in CWS
- 20:35 - The power of relationships; a woman was always a big supporter and connected him to a woman at her church
- 22:13 - Wholesalers had tried to get her to sell with them; he connected with the woman and guessed it would be $15,000
- 23:00 - She said she got offers for $25,000; it gets done and a day or two later she calls back
- 23:30 - She asked if he would buy the property from her; he offered $8,000 knowing the other offers were $25,000
- 24:15 - The woman sold it to him, he put $31,000 into it, and now it’s worth $103,000 and he rents it out for $900/month (see the video here)
- 25:30 - There was no game or snakey language; that’s why the lady trusted him and went with him
- 26:10 - Build the relationship first then make the ask
- 29:40 - Your business, and the way you do business, reflects your “WHY”
- 30:25 - It’s about who knows you, not just who you know
3 Key Points
1.) Don’t take anything for granted.
2.) When it’s no longer fun, be done.
3.) Build relational capital.