Question: When do you know a listing appointment has taken a turn? Answer: When the conversation topic changes from the home to penises and circumcisions! You heard it here first, folks! Paula Brahan, a REALTOR® in Hattiesburg, MS, has been on the show before, but we had to bring her on again to share her most recent crazy shit. Listen in to find out what the heck happened – and learn what crazy things her client had been collecting.
Please subscribe to this podcast in iTunes or in the Podcasts App on your phone. Never miss a beat from Leigh by visiting leighbrown.com.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:20 – Introducing Paula Brahan; a REALTOR® in Hattiesburg, MS who has been in real estate for 5 years
- 02:20 – She was a nurse for 23 years and worked in psychiatry; she knows how to deal with crazy
- 02:50 – Paula’s CSIRE story
- 03:08 – She went to a listing appointment 30 minutes away; it was a rural community
- 03:30 – The cigarette odor was very strong inside; the home was neat but the woman “collected” a lot of things
- 04:30 – There were a couple rooms that they had not entered because of the amount of “collections” inside
- 05:00 – She was very concerned about her things; Paula tried to change the conversation to the issue of the cigarette odor
- 05:44 – She suggested some ways to part with the belongings, like taking photos and making albums of the belongings
- 06:30 – The appointment took a turn when the woman said her middle son was circumcised and she kept the little plastic piece in a scrapbook
- 08:02 – Another CSIRE story
- 08:30 – A woman’s husband died three days before closing
- 09:00 – How to get in touch with Paula: text (601)606-6686, call her office at (601)668-1600, or visit her website
3 Key Points
- Being a psychiatric nurse and being a REALTOR® isn’t that different.
- Some people collect everything.
- Be mindful of how you inform someone about their home’s odor or messiness.