Do you want to be your client’s real life Wizard of Oz and give them what they never even thought possible? Steve Sims, a speaker, coach, author and master of making things happen, has some invaluable advice for REALTORS® who really want to WOW their clients in today’s solution-based economy. Listen in to learn how you can give people more than what they want – even before they know it’s possible.
Please subscribe to this podcast in iTunes or in the Podcasts App on your phone. Never miss a beat from Leigh by visiting leighbrown.com.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:50 – Introducing Steve, a speaker, coach and author of Bluefishing
- 02:50 – He believes people overthink marketing; he helps people market effectively, especially those in real estate
- 04:40 – Communication fixes things that otherwise look complicated
- 04:50 – People don’t clearly ask for what they want; they ask for what they think is possible
- 06:06 – On giving people more than what they want
- 06:20 – Think, dream and vision for your clients to go beyond being a service provider
- 11:00 – We settle because we’re afraid of failing and being seen as a failure; our greatest achievements come from our greatest failures
- 15:45 – On his book and work
- 16:00 – He speaks globally, likes to grow, and loves to help people get out of their own way
- 17:00 – A second book is in the works
- 17:20 – On what he wants from a REALTOR®
- 18:15 – He wants someone to solve a problem and tell him what he needs to know
- 19:50 – Give answers to questions people don’t know to ask
- 20:35 – On his tag-team relationship with his wife
- 21:20 – His wife knows how to ask questions and communicate
- 22:20 – His wife didn’t like their current property at first; they made a pros and cons list and eliminated the problems she didn’t like
- 25:00 – On listening to both sides
- 25:05 – Usually one person in the relationship makes the ultimate decision; determine that person but keep both sides in mind
- 26:40 – Steve’s wife has ultimate veto power because she needs to be happy in the home
- 27:15 – We’re in a solution-based economy
- 28:00 – How to hear more from Steve – Read Bluefishing, listen to his podcast The Art of Making Things Happen, check out his website, and find him on all social media channels
3 Key Points
- Go beyond providing a service by giving more than what you’re asked for.
- Don’t settle. Don’t be afraid to fail.
- Solve more and be the “who” people need.