On today’s episode of Crazy Shit in Real Estate™, Leigh sits down for an interview with The Real Estate Geek, Tony Iacoviello. Listen as Tony talks about the time he wandered into a nudist mobile park, only to end up selling and listing many of the properties in there. Tony will also highlight other nude encounters and explain how he handles a lack of clothing in the professional setting.
Please subscribe to this podcast in iTunes or in the Podcasts App on your phone. Never miss a beat from Leigh by visiting The Leigh Brown Experience.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:37 – Tony’s introduction
- 01:00 – Tony does real estate in Toronto, Canada
- 02:24 – Tony seems to attract nudists
- 03:36 – Tony’s first story starts with the mobile home park
- 04:53 – Tony started working in a nudist trailer park
- 05:02 – Meet a lot of clients there
- 05:10 – Nudists don’t mind if you show up wearing clothes
- 05:25 – “You’ll hear a lot of stories there”
- 06:20 – Trying to be a professional, Tony took his first meeting with grace
- 07:02 – Try your best not to stare!
- 07:34 – Don’t talk about it (nudity) much
- 08:01 – Tony’s friend had monopoly on the park’s listings
- 08:26 – One gentleman from the park approached Tony
- 08:58 – The gentleman pulls Tony to the side and starts sharing stories
- 09:18 – Tony and the gentleman developed a certain kind of friendship
- 10:05 – Tony runs into the gentleman in the bar and the gentleman buys him a drink
- 10:20 – Tony and Mike were sitting at the bar and Bob comes in
- 10:43 – Mike says he gave Bob a heart attack 25 years ago
- 14:40 – Bob makes his way to Mike and Tony at the bar
- 14:47 – Tony quickly finishes up his beer to go home
- 14:55 – As Tony was about to excuse himself, Bob turns to him and says, “Did Mike ever tell you the story of how he gave me my first heart attack?”
- 15:25 – Tony worked as a buyer’s assistant with his friend on the nudist park
- 15:49 – Tony sold a bunch of the mobile homes
- 16:28 – Another nudist client emailed Tony
- 16:53 – The client wanted to sell his home and buy one in Hamilton
- 18:08 – The client says he wanted to be comfortable in his own home
- 18:18 – For the listing presentation, client says he wants to be naked the entire time!
- 18:38 – The client’s name was very similar to a person Tony knows
- 19:00 – Tony gave it a shot
- 19:37 – The client seemed to get the impression that Tony was going to get naked with him!
- 19:45 – Tony explained that he dealt with different clients with different backgrounds
- 20:45 – Hamilton is a multi-cultural place
- 21:06 – Client says he frequents one of the nudist parks – Ponderosa
- 21:26 – Tony declined going to Ponderosa
- 21:38 – Before going to the client’s house, Tony phoned his friend, Conrad
- 22:02 – “I just wanted you to know the lengths I would go to, to make you money”
- 22:09 – Conrad got nervous so Tony told him the story –and Conrad wished him luck
- 22:23 – Tony went over the house and the client was actually clothed!
- 22:47 – Client confirms to Tony that he’s okay with the nudism thing –and stripped down naked!
- 23:08 – They ended up the listing presentation that way and client again asked Tony if he wanted to try it
- 23:18 – Tony declined politely
- 23:57 –Find Tony through The Geeky Agent
- 24:06 –Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Youtube
- 24:30 – Are you a listener with a crazy story to share? Ping Leigh at noflufftraining.com
- In real estate, you have to be prepared for everything—even nudist clients.
- Respect other people’s beliefs and their way of life.
- Decline politely when offered something you don’t want.