Dog? What dog? When Linda Devlieg, realtor of 25 years and ex-dog groomer, tells you to pay attention to a “Beware of Dog” sign, LISTEN! Tune in as Linda tells us about how she singlehandedly stopped two attacking dogs, how her clients ran off when they saw a bull snake sunning on a porch, and – if you haven’t noticed yet – how real estate is nothing like what you see on TV. Linda also sheds some light on how patriotic the job of a realtor really is and encourages us to do our homework to learn why.
Please subscribe to this podcast in iTunes or in the Podcasts App on your phone. Never miss a beat from Leigh by visiting The Leigh Brown Experience.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:50 – Linda’s Background
- 01:00 – She’s been in real estate for 25 years and serves Albuquerque, NM and the surrounding areas
- 01:20 – There’s a city in New Mexico called Truth or Consequences
- 02:20 – Linda’s CSIRE story
- 02:30 – She was going to show a home and a sign said “Beware of Dog;” she knocked, but no one answered and there was no barking
- 02:55 – Two dogs suddenly attacked her; she grabbed one by the muzzle and the other backed off
- 03:30 – She went to show a luxury property but there was a 6-foot bull snake on the front porch; the buyers ran away and never saw the home
- 04:05 – The day-to-day in real estate isn’t what you see on TV
- 04:35 – Real estate is more important than what the public sees
- 05:10 – Linda’s husband is in the moving industry
- 05:15 – He runs one of the top beacon’s agencies in the country
- 05:48 – He tries to make things comfortable; people don’t understand what happens in the background
- 06:30 – She’s called him for male back-up before, but he’ll never bring home boxes
- 07:00 – One thing that makes Linda stay in real estate despite all the changes over the past 25 years
- 07:15 – The feeling of accomplishment when you realize the part you play in something so patriotic as home ownership
- 08:15 – The Code of Ethics and history behind real estate and the association is amazing
- 09:05 – She once had a man propose to his wife at the open house so they could write a VA offer
- 09:15 – Realtors should get involved in political work; their job is so patriotic
- 09:43 – How to contact Linda or reach out to her husband for moving services
- 09:53 – Her website: realestateinabq.com, phone number: (505) 440-7200
3 Key Points
- Real estate isn’t what you see on TV.
- As a realtor, you play a part in something very patriotic: Home ownership.
- Learn the history of real estate and get involved in its political future.