Can you feel the love? Brady could after Megan gave him her business card! After Megan showed him some homes, he found the one – house I mean – but not before a relationship blossomed between the two. Now they’re happily married and working together; she with the marketing, communications, and negotiation skills and he as the numbers wiz. A perfect match! Tune in to hear how they met, what they learned, and what the future has in store.
Please subscribe to this podcast in iTunes or in the Podcasts App on your phone. Never miss a beat from Leigh by visiting The Leigh Brown Experience.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:05 – They are in Palm Coast, Florida, have been in FL and real estate for 5 years; Brady is a financial advisor and realtor
- 01:35 – Megan started as a kindergarten teacher in NC; she moved to FL mid-school year and a friend suggested real estate
- 02:30 – Their CSIRE story
- 02:37 – They live 30 minutes north of Daytona Beach, where all the bikers end up; 3 years ago, she was working at their office, handing out hot dogs, and talking to bikers
- 03:08 – She grabbed a drink at a nearby restaurant, chatted with a table of people, started to give her cards out, and they said, “Brady’s looking to buy a house!”
- 03:40 – They started talking, he was with a financial advisor and they were looking for a realtor partner to refer to their clients
- 04:10 – Brady was looking, but wasn’t in a rush; he was interested in Megan, they had dinner a few times and she met his partners
- 04:45 – He finally asked her on a date; she consulted with her friends, and decided to do it
- 05:05 – They had a romantic beach date with wine and a fire; but she didn’t know where he was taking her at first
- 06:25 – They went looking at houses; they found one that she loved, was good for a family, and had good resale value
- 08:15 – They are selling it now
- 08:30 – The agent had told her about the house a week prior, and had posted it on MLS seconds before she called him
- 09:20 – Their love was budding at the time of home’s purchase
- 09:35 – Why sellers and buyers should not talk
- 10:00 – They bought the house from kids selling their parent’s house; they thought the roof had been redone in 1994
- 10:13 – Brady and the seller exchanged phone numbers
- 10:30 – She learned that the house had never been redone and was almost 40 years old; Brady already knew and said “it’s fine”
- 11:30 – They could’ve had serious problems with that, but they got an inspection and it was fine
- 11:40 – He could’ve gotten himself in trouble talking to the seller; Megan had to take off the girlfriend hat and tell Brady that he couldn’t do that
- 12:45 – Next steps in Megan and Brady’s life
- 12:48 – Brady got his license a year ago and they’re looking to grow their team
- 13:00 – Their goal is to live in the beach town where they met
- 13:26 – They are qualified to help people in both real estate and finances; he in numbers and she in negotiating and communications
3 Key Points
- You never know if love might find you through real estate!
- Buyers and sellers shouldn’t talk; your realtor needs to be there as a chaperone!
- Inspections are important: The information the seller gives you may be incorrect.