Three decades in real estate means countless experiences of CRAZY to share. Listen as today’s guest Terry Smith shares how her dinner date with her clients turned into an emergency situation with the police as their star guests. Terry is a realtor from Fort Worth, Texas who believes sharing a ride (and dinner) with your clients is the best way to make a connection.
Please subscribe to this podcast in iTunes or in the Podcasts App on your phone. Never miss a beat from Leigh by visiting The Leigh Brown Experience.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:34 – Leigh welcomes today’s guest, Terry Smith
- 00:39 – Leigh met Terry online with a group of tech savvy realtors
- 01:01 – Terry lives in Fort Worth, Texas
- 01:07 – She’s been in real estate for 30 years
- 01:54 – Terry’s experience happened when she was showing a property in Texas
- 02:03 – They decided to eat dinner on their way back
- 02:09 – As soon as they pulled into the parking lot, the driver (buyer’s husband) got into a conversation with a biker who just pulled up
- 02:22 – They didn’t know what was going on so the wife jumped out of the car to support her husband
- 02:26 – Terry called 911
- 02:39 – She saw 2 men running across the street with guns – and she realized they were the police
- 02:57 – Later, they found out the wife had a gun in the car
- 03:05 – The biker guy was just pulling something out of his vest when the police came running down the street
- 04:22 – The couple bought the house
- 05:09 – There was another instance with the couple where their truck got stuck in the mud and the husband had to dig the truck out
- 05:40 – Leigh believes driving with your clients is the best time to get into a conversation with them regarding the house
- 06:08 – Terry prefers to have her clients ride with her
- 07:24 – 10 years ago, it was said that the internet will replace real estate
- 08:02 – It’s hard for agents to know the market pricing in rural areas
- 08:33 – Terry sells real estate in neighborhoods in Fort Worth
- 09:07 – Google is a wonderful resource to know more about real estate
- 10:03 – Connect with Terry on her phone 817-715-7577, on her website, or on her email email@example.com
- 10:49 – Tweet Leigh Brown for your very own crazy story in real estate
3 Key Points
- You never know what to expect in real estate, so always be prepared.
- Make ways to connect with your clients so that you can hear their feedback.
- Leverage the internet as a resource to learn more about real estate.