Listeners get a heartfelt invitation into the love story of Sid and Rhonda Pugh. This lovely, real estate couple share how they found each other in a GRI course and discuss why persistence is KEY when it comes to pursuing that “YES” that can change the entire course of your life. Tune-in to find out why anything is possible in real estate.
Please subscribe to this podcast in iTunes or in the Podcasts App on your phone. Never miss a beat from Leigh by visiting The Leigh Brown Experience.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:39 – Today’s episode is not just about real estate, but relationships
- 00:45 – Leigh welcomes Sid and Rhonda
- 01:08 – Sid and Rhonda are in Huntsville and they work in North Alabama and lower Tennessee areas
- 01:37 – Sid started real estate in Colorado Springs back in 1979, before he moved to Huntsville
- 02:07 – Rhonda got her real estate license in 1975
- 02:51 – Sid moved to Alabama in 1981 because the real estate market in Colorado Springs was going downhill
- 03:09 – Sid was recently divorced then and he went to a week-long GRI class, where he met Rhonda
- 03:56 – They went to lunch and Rhonda asked him a hundred questions while Sid asked only one (if they could go out) which she declined
- 04:16 – Being a realtor, Sid knew that “sales” are made after the 5th or 6th “NO”
- 04:22 – After 3 months of Sid’s persistence, Rhonda finally said “yes”
- 06:51 – They’re celebrating their 34th wedding anniversary this November
- 07:01 – Their real estate businesses stayed separate for a while
- 07:11 – Rhonda was working with her mom when her dad passed away
- 07:59 – Training today in real estate is so good compared to what realtors had back then
- 09:03 – Sid and Rhonda are living proof of the training you can receive from GRI courses
- 09:34 – Rhonda didn’t really have any desire to date back then as she already had 2 sons and had been by herself for 5 years
- 09:56 – Sid kept asking her why she kept resisting – Rhonda really didn’t want to get involved
- 10:30 – Sid proposed
- 11:23 – “It was a long 2-day discussion”
- 11:37 – Rhonda’s friends helped them talk and think it over
- 11:57 – They both knew they were right for each other, but they were both scared to get hurt as well
- 12:10 – Within the first 3 weeks of marriage, they were already talking about annulment—they sat down, talked, and realized both of them were feeling vulnerable
- 13:17 – The key to Sid and Rhonda’s relationship is keeping Christ the center of it
- 14:41 – Sid and Rhonda work together every day
- 14:51 – They had 2 girls after they got married; now they have 8 grandchildren
- 15:24 – RE/MAX ALLIANCE is Sid and Rhonda’s company
- 15:29 – Call their team at 256-533-7653 or call RE/MAX ALLIANCE 256-799-2999
- 15:51 – They have 3 divisions within their team – residential resale, new home, and property management
- 16:37 – Call Sid directly at 256-337-7653 or email him at email@example.com
- 17:36 – Tweet Leigh Brown for your very own crazy story in real estate
3 Key Points
- Real estate can open up a whole host of opportunities you’ve never thought of—professional and personal.
- Persistence is KEY when it comes to making that “sale”.
- Keep your values at the center of your relationship to sustain all things.