If you’re going to sell your home, at least put some pants on. That’s what today’s guest, Jay Thompson, wanted to say to a pair of home sellers. Listen as Jay talks about the time he rolled into a showing only find both owners at home and buck-naked.
Please subscribe to this podcast in iTunes or in the Podcasts App on your phone. Never miss a beat from Leigh by visiting The Leigh Brown Experience.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:38 – Introducing Jay
- 01:12 – “Perfect” in real estate doesn’t come often nor last very long
- 01:43 – Most of Jay’s crazy stories involve naked people
- 01:55 – Jay setup a showing, seller said she’ll stay out of their way
- 02:12 – And then the woman answered the door, naked
- 02:32 – Turned out the seller was a nudist
- 02:42 – Jay and his buyer toured the house quickly
- 02:48 – Jay’s other naked story
- 03:12 – Jay opens the door with the buyer
- 03:30 – Jay heard the shower turned off
- 03:39 – The owner stepped out of the shower, naked
- 04:41 – 1/3 of every realtor group Leigh asked, raised hands to say they’ve seen naked people in a showing
- 05:25 – First question people ask, how do they look?
- 07:05 – Being a nudist can prevent the sale of the house
- 07:48 – Real estate is not like HGTV
- 10:17 – Real estate agents don’t get the credit and respect due to them
- 10:39 – Nothing is guaranteed
- 11:29 – Reach Jay through his email
- 12:05 – Are you a listener with a crazy story to share? Ping Leigh at www.noflufftraining.com
- Crazy stuff happens—and it’s rarely the realtor’s fault.
- All realtors try very hard to do a professional job.
- At the end of the day, an agent can’t control the actions of a buyer or a seller.