Taking the leap from a part-time to full-time realtor isn’t an easy decision. However, for Patti, a decision had to be made and she hasn’t looked back since. In this episode, Leigh welcomes Patti Sherwood, a realtor from Charlestown, West Virginia who just started in the industry 4 years ago.
Please subscribe to this podcast in iTunes or in the Podcasts App on your phone. Never miss a beat from Leigh by visiting The Leigh Brown Experience.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:45 – Leigh introduces Patti
- 01:04 – Patti is from Charlestown, West Virginia
- 01:22 – Patti has been licensed in West Virginia for 4 years now
- 01:40 – Patti thought she would’ve gone full-time earlier, but it was a leap of faith to do so
- 03:06 – Patti shares the first positive, but crazy thing that happened to her
- 03:20 – Patti had a call from a buyer relocating to West Virginia
- 03:35 – The woman learned about Patti from a local real estate magazine and she thought Patti looked friendly and easy to deal with
- 03:54 – Patti was taken aback and considered this a positive thing
- 04:11 – They had a smooth transaction
- 04:31 – Many realtors underestimate the power of their photographs
- 05:05 – Patti was shocked by the amount of realtors that did NOT look like their photographs
- 05:48 – Patti thinks that most crazy things in real estate come from the realtors
- 07:10 – Patti finds technology challenging
- 07:24 – Patti discusses her views on how realtors treat their clients
- 08:13 – Some realtors are active online, but don’t always answer inquiries or calls
- 08:20 – Realtors should have a common etiquette and basic, customer service practices
- 08:58 – Patti shares some advice to realtors:
- 09:04 – “If you’re called to this business, then you will be successful—unless you get in your own way”
- 09:26 – Make sure you have your support network in place when taking that leap into real estate
- 09:38 – Whatever you do, it impacts your reputation
- 10:06 – “Don’t despise the small things”
- 10:29 – Leigh shares advice to the consumers
- 11:25 – Find Patti on her website and by email
- 11:25 – Tweet Leigh Brown for your very own crazy story in real estate
3 Key Points
- Taking that leap into real estate is easier when you have your support network behind you.
- Consumers are expecting to meet the realtors that they see in the photographs.
- Be mindful of what you do because you only have one name, brand, and reputation.