Snakes, raccoons, dead cats?!—Those are just a few of the unsightly critters home inspector,Jeff Baker, has run into during the course of his career. Listen as Jeff takes the CSIRE audience through the oft overlooked UGLY side of home inspections.
Please subscribe to this podcast in iTunes or in the Podcasts App on your phone. Never miss a beat from Leigh by visiting The Leigh Brown Experience.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:30 – Today’s guest is Leigh’s FAVORITE home-inspector in the Charlotte, NC market…please welcome Jeff Baker to the show
- 00:38 – Leigh and Jeff have done at least 1,500 inspections together
- 01:01 – He’s not cheap, but he IS honest which is priceless
- 01:53 – The UGLY side of home inspections
- 01:59 – A lot of times, the ugliness is due to animals
- 02:10 – Cats under the foundation
- 02:52 – Motionless fur…andddd possibly decomposing
- 03:33 – New tub, new panels, but in one corner the panels were separating
- 04:04 – Move the panels and, sure enough, there were 3 dead cats…the cats were getting into the house but couldn’t figure out how to exit the house
- 05:15 – Another incident with animals in the house
- 05:24 – A family of possums
- 05:41 – A family of raccoons
- 06:00 – SNAKES!
- 07:35 – Circling back to the cats—the home owner told Jeff, “I was wondering where those cats went!”
- 08:10 – Call Jeff at 704-728-9610
- If you’re doing your own, preliminary home inspection—keep your eyes OPEN!
- Home inspections are rarely fun.
- More than anything, look for honesty in a home inspector.