Do you smell smoke?—Wally Conway did. While one Jacksonville realtor was busy working about the house painters being able to finish their work, Wally was busy extinguishing an electrical fire that almost took a house up in flames…
Please subscribe to this podcast in iTunes or in the Podcasts App on your phone. Never miss a beat from Leigh by visiting The Leigh Brown Experience.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:30 – Today’s guest is one of the best known home inspectors in the United States, Wally Conway
- 00:45 – Home inspectors see crazy things, but they also HEAR crazy things
- 01:05 – Kids Say The Darndest Things?
- 01:15 – Well after 22 years, 30,000 homes, and 60,000 agents, Wally also knows that Real estate agents say the darndist things as well
- 01:36 – The craziest thing Wally has ever seen was in the Ortega neighborhood of Jacksonville
- 03:20 – No buyer at this point, just painters and the listing agent
- 03:35 – “Hey Wally, I smell smoke”
- 04:00 – Fire was coming out of the electric meter can
- 04:25 – You CAN’T secure the power, if you do, the painters won’t be able to finish today
- 04:55 – If we don’t cut the power, there will be no house to paint
- 05:40 – Should you or should you not inspect a home before listing?
- 05:55 – Homes inspected before listing sell faster and closer to the asking price
- 06:33 – As the agent, you never want to be the one to tell the home owner “your baby is ugly.”
- 07:20 – www.MrHomeInspection.com or www.gohomepro.com
- Inspect before you list—it’s the safe bet.
- Where there’s smoke there’s fire, never forget it.
- If you’re a realtor, never lose sight of the BIG picture.