– This song is based on a traditional Ukrainian folk chant and was originally intended to be sung a capella. Many find it a challenge to sing, but that does not stop everyone from trying!
– All listeners seem to be entranced by the sound of the little drummer boy’s drum (“rum pa pum”) and it is no wonder that this carol has been a hit since The Trapp Family Singers recorded it in 1955.
plays to packed theatres and no other classical piece personifies the season quite like this one!
– “Stille Nacht, heilige Nacht” is a popular carol that was originally composed in 1818 in Salzburg, Austria. The carol has been recorded by many different artists but one of the most popular was Bing Crosby. Bing released the hit in 1935 and it is the 3rd best-selling single of all time.
– Sung on a radio show in 1934, this song was an instant hit. Covered by everyone from Bruce Springsteen to The Jackson 5, Rod Stewart to George Strait, it is the perfect ditty to get little kiddos excited for the jolly elf in a red suit.
– This beautiful song is a timeless piece that is a Christmas cantata showpiece. Rich in history, this song was even sung during a lull in fighting between the French and German forces during the Franco-Prussian War, inspiring a 24 hour Christmas truce.
– Written and produced by Mariah Carey in 1994, this song has established itself as a holiday standard. Since its release, over 14 million copies have been sold, making it Mariah’s biggest international hit to date.
– In this Irving Berlin song the lyrics describe an old-fashioned holiday setting. The version sung by Bing Crosby in 1942 is the best-selling single of all time. His voice is like butter when he croons this classic carol and will forever be associated with this wonderful melody.
The Leigh Brown & Associates team wants you to have the warm and fuzzies this Christmas! Please visit
- a FREE music site.)
May the magic and wonder of the Christmas season stay with you throughout the coming year.
All the best, Leigh